1) Chop the mixed peel as fine as you can.
2) Label the bags and place all ingredients into the allocated bags and container.
3) Copy or print out Method at camp and keep together with the bags.
1) In a bowl add ½ cup of water to cover the lentils to rinse (Bag 1) and leave for a minimum of 15 mins.
2) Drain the water and then add another ½ cup of water and let sit for another 15 mins.
3) Meanwhile, in a pot add 2 cups of water and add the contents of Bag 2 (vegetable mix), sun dried tomatoes and the beef jerky.
4) Soak the vegetables for about 10 mins.
5) After the soaking time, add the pot with the vegetables to the stove, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 mins.
6) Drain the lentils and add them to the pot, cook for a further 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally.
7) Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Soaking the lentils for as long as possible helps remove dirt, minimises cooking time and removes some complex sugars that can produce flatulence. The more soaking and changing the rinse water, the better it is. Try it with truffle oil.
This recipe is from the awesome Xtreme Gourmet book. You will find many more recipes and really helpful information on nutrition for your adventures. https://xtremegourmet.com/