Curried Mince and Veggies
Shopping for a few freeze dried ingredients and making up your own meal is a good idea. Yes, the ingredients are still expensive but you can ensure you are not eating all those nasty numbers and, um well, just fillers. Some freeze dried meat and vegetables are available in camping shops, or even online. Here is a great one pot wonder dish that is ready in no time just using some freeze dried meat and vegetables, with some herbs and spices you may already have in your pantry at home.
1) Place all ingredients in the allocated bag.
2) Print out method at camp and keep with the bags.
1) Soak the contents of Bag 1 (curry mix) in 1,5 cups of water for 10 minutes.
2) After the soaking time place the pot on the stove.
3) Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
This recipe is from the awesome Xtreme Gourmet book. You will find many more recipes and really helpful information on nutrition for your adventures. https://xtremegourmet.com/